Register online for swimming lessons, leadership programs, and more.
Swimming and Water Safety Programs Update
The Canadian Red Cross is winding down their Swimming and Water Safety Programs across Canada over the course of 2022. The Aquatic Division is preparing to transition to the Lifesaving Society's "Swim for Life" program beginning in 2023.
Swim for Life is a complete learn-to-swim program which includes parent & tot, preschool, school age and adult swimming lessons. Swim for Life leads seamlessly into the Lifesaving Society's lifesaving/lifeguarding training awards. The learn to swim program is being provided across Canada.
Swim Level Conversion Chart from Red Cross to the Lifesaving "Swim For Life"
|Starfish||Parent and Tot 1
|Swim Kids 1||Swimmer 1|
|Duck||Parent and Tot 2 (12-24 months)||Swim Kids 2||Swimmer 2|
|Turtle||Parent and Tot 3 (2-3 years)||Swim Kids 3||Swimmer 3|
|Sea Otter||Preschool 1
|Swim Kids 4||Swimmer 4|
|Salamander||Preschool 2 |
|Swim Kids 5||Swimmer 4|
|Sunfish||Preschool 3 |
|Swim Kids 6||Swimmer 5|
|Swim Kids 7||Swimmer 6|
|Swim Kids 8||Rookie Patrol|
|--||--||Swim Kids 9||Ranger Patrol|
Swim Kids 10||Star Patrol|
January 2023 swimming lessons will be available for registration on October 3, 2022.
Questions and Answers
Do I need an account to register for lessons and programs?
You can browse aquatics programs and lessons, but you will be asked to log into or create a new account when attempting to register.
Can I register others who are not in my family account?
You can only register individuals who are listed in your family account.
How do I register as a caregiver for a special needs visitor?
Caregivers can register on behalf of customers with disabilities by phoning the Aquatic Centre at 250-561-7787.
Regular admission rates apply to special needs customers and caregivers swim for free.
Please note caregivers need to be within arm's reach of their dependants at all times.
What if I need to cancel my registration?
Registration Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Payment must be in full at the time of registration.
- Lesson cancellations and refunds require a minimum of two days' notice prior to the first day of lessons.
- The fee for swimming lessons does not include admission and is the cost of the lessons only.
- Aquatic administrative staff reserves the right to cancel or combine swimming lessons prior to the first day of lessons. Refunds for cancelled lessons will be placed as a credit on the client account.
- Third-party billing is available to organizations that have provided written consent.
- Private lessons include the cost of the lesson only with the lesson report card and badge sold separately.
- All lesson participants are required to scan their form at the self-scan station prior to admittance.