City parks are available for hosting weddings of all types and sizes. Please note the following restrictions apply to all locations:
- All garbage and recycling - including decorations and flowers - must be disposed of immediately after the event. Please avoid over-filling park bins.
- Throwing rice is not permitted. Bird seed, however, is recommended.
- Smoking or consuming alcohol is not allowed in any City of Prince George park.
- Pets are not permitted.
To apply for permission to use a City park:
Contact City Hall to apply for all necessary outdoor wedding permits. Events seeking to use large speakers to amplify voice or music will need an approved noise permit. The use of a small portable stereo or microphone for an officiate does not require a permit.
Be sure to also ask about rules regarding trash removal, available electricity, park etiquette, and parking.
Setup and Decorations
Please note that event setup and take-down - including clean-up - times must be completed within the time allotted by the Park Use application. Outdoor decorations may be displayed with tape or string. Staples or nails are not allowed as these may damage trees and structures. All decorations must be removed immediately following the ceremony.
Chairs, Tents, and Structures
Temporary tents and structures are permitted in parks, but must be weighted into place. Pegs or spikes are not allowed. Please work the Facility Scheduling Co-ordinator to select suitable locations. Chairs are permitted, but should be used sparingly to avoid damaging the grass.
Food and Beverages
Alcohol consumption is not permitted in City parks. Food may be cooked on propane barbecues, but make sure not to place barbecues directly on picnic tables or other structures, as doing so may damage surfaces. Weddings may be catered, but caterers must not solicit or advertise business while on site and may only serve event guests.
Booking Information and Cancellation Policy
- Please allow two (2) weeks for park use permit processing.
- Vehicles are not permitted in parks. Services vehicles may be allowed for major events with prior approval.
- Please tidy up after an event to keep City parks clean.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited in City parks.
- A noise permit is required for amplified sound.
- All temporary structures - tents, staging, etc. - require prior approval.
- Users are responsible for the area's security and for locking up services after use. Users are also responsible for picking up and returning appropriate keys to the City Service Centre at City Hall.
- Gas barbecues are permitted in City parks.
- Open fires are NOT permitted.
- Dogs are not permitted on any sports fields or playground areas.
Note that parks and sports fields are generally booked from early May to mid-October and availability is weather dependent. The City of Prince George has a sixteen-(16)-day cancellation policy for full refunds.
Please report any damaged or vandalised park amenities by calling 250-561-7600.
Bookings may be cancelled at no charge 16 full days before the start date. Cancellations received with less than 16 days notice will be subject to a full rental charge.