myPG Sustainability Plan
myPG is an Integrated Community Sustainability Plan (ISCP) supported by local organisations that identify and express the community's goals for the city's future along with the strategies to achieve them.
The vision for Prince George in 2040 is one where PG serves as a model for sustainable cities across Canada where:
- A healthy environment supports a robust and stable local economy.
- Affordable housing and lifestyles supports a high quality of life for residents.
- A vibrant downtown core, a strong community, and the city's natural setting serve as Prince George's greatest strengths.
The City of Prince George is committed to creating a more diversified, vibrant, growing economy in which citizens have access to a wide range of employment opportunities. These myPG Community Goals include:
- Diversified and vibrant economy
- Employment diversity and accessibility
- International connections
- Sustainable businesses
Learn more about Economic Development
The City and its partners are committed to protecting the air, water, and terrestrial environments. These myPG Community Goals include:
- Clean air
- Clean water
- Green city, green practices
- Green energy
- Reduce carbon emissions and adapt for climate change
- Reduced waste
Learn more about the Environment
The City of Prince George is committed to a population health approach to social development, which considers a broad range of social impacts. These myPG Community Goals include:
- Affordable and accessible housing
- Clear identity and pride
- Cultural richness
- Equity and inclusion
- Health and wellness
- Safe environment
- Supportive and engaged community with strong neighbourhoods
Learn more about Social Development
Prince George is committed to citizen-centered service and sustainable fiscal management. The City's corporate values stress strong leadership, respect for the individual, and personal and professional development for the workforce. These myPG City of Prince George Goals include:
- Sustainable infrastructure
- Sustainable fiscal management
- Organizational excellence
- Healthy workplace
- Effective governance
Refer to the Corporate Work Plan, the
Asset Management Policy and Plan, and the
Sustainable Finance Guidelines for more information.
Learn more at Reports, Publications, and Plans