Bodies like the Select Committee on Poverty Reduction advise and support the Mayor and Council on a variety of issues that could potentially affect the everyday lives of Prince George residents.
After the Select Committee on Poverty Reduction completed the objectives outlined in its mandate, Council has supported a recommendation to dissolve the body effective
May 31, 2021.
This page will remain active for 90 days from the dissolution date.
For more information:
The Select Committee on Poverty Reduction advises Mayor, Council and City staff on the priorities, policies, and strategies affecting poverty reduction in Prince George.
The Committee also reviews relevant documentation such as:
- The Province’s TogetherBC strategy as it relates to potential local government action.
- Current City initiatives that contribute to poverty reduction.
- The 2019 Prince George Poverty Profile.
In addition, the Committee:
- Considers and integrates advice and activities of other Council Committees with mandates aligned with poverty reduction.
- Prepares recommendations on strategies the City could implement to advance Council’s poverty reduction priorities.
- Works to strengthen communication and collaboration between the City and community partners working to advance poverty reduction.