At the top of the City's organizational structure are the citizens of Prince George, who elect a Mayor and eight Councillors every four years.
Reporting to Mayor and Council are eight committees, commissions, and boards, as well as the City Manager who is the City's chief administrative officer. City administration is based on departments and divisions.
The Tourism Prince George Board is made up of appointees from local accommodations, the City, and the Lheidli T’enneh. Board members represent various local sectors and attractions.
ACTING CITY MANAGER - Walter Babicz
ACTING DEPUTY CITY MANAGER - Ian Wells
- IT Services, Legislative Services, Procurement, Records Management, Risk Management, Service Centre
- Project Delivery, Transportation and Technical Services, Parks and Solid Waste, Roads and Fleet, Utilities
COMMUNITY SERVICES AND PUBLIC SAFETY
- Bylaw Services, Aquatics, Emergency Planning, Facilities Maintenance, Police Support Services, Event & Recreation Facilities.
- Communications, Government Relations
- Financial Services, Accounting Services, Revenue Control, Budgeting
FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICES
HUMAN RESOURCES AND CORPORATE SAFETY
- Human Resources Operations, Occupational Health and Safety, Pension and Benefits, Labour Relations & Disability Management, Continuous Improvement
PLANNING, DEVELOPMENT, AND INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
- Asset Management, Infrastructure Planning and Engineering, Strategic Initiatives and Partnerships, Economic Development, Development Services
Tourism Prince George and the Prince George Public Library are also City entities. Both organizations present their budget request to Council annually and their annual financial statements are included in the City’s annual report.