At the top of the City's organisational structure are the citizens of Prince George, who elect a Mayor and eight Councillors every four years. Reporting to Mayor and Council are 10 committees, commissions, and boards, as well as the City Manager who is the City's chief administrative officer. City administration is based on departments and divisions.
City Manager - Kathleen Soltis
Kathleen Soltis is a member of a "pioneer" Prince George family. Her father, Dr. John (Jack) McKenzie was born in Prince George in 1917. Kathleen was raised in PG and moved to Vancouver to attend the University of British Columbia. After obtaining a BA in Economics and an MBA from UBC, she returned home to Prince George.
Her public sector career began with the Canadian Federal Government in the Canada Employment and Immigration Commission administering grant programs. In 1986, Kathleen began to work for the City of Prince George as a personnel Officer. In 1989, she was promoted to Director of Human Resources and became Director of Corporate Services a few years later. After a number of acting assignments, Kathleen became City Manager in 2015. She loves working for the City of Prince George where things are always changing and there are many opportunities to learn, develop, and contribute to the community. Kathleen considers it good fortune to work with an excellent team of elected officials and civic employees.
Administrative Services – Walter Babicz, General Manager
- Divisions and Activities: Information Technology (IT) Services, Legislative Services, Procurement, Records Management, Risk Management, the Service Centre.
Community Services – Rob Whitwham, General Manager
- Divisions and Activities: Aquatics, CN Centre, Community Arenas, Community Partnerships, Civic Events, Conference and Civic Centre, Fire and Rescue Services, Police Support Services.
Engineering and Public Works – Dave Dyer, General Manager, Adam Homes, Director, and Gina Layte-Liston, Director
- Divisions and Activities: Asset Management, Civic Facilities, Engineering, Fleet, Parks and Solid Waste, Roads, Utilities
External Relations – Rob van Adrichem, Director
- Divisions and Activities: Communications, Government Relations
Finance – Kris Dalio, Director
- Divisions and Activities: Financial Services, Financial Planning, Revenue Control
Human Resources – Rae-Ann Emery, Director
- Divisions and Activities: Human Resources, Occupational Health and Safety, Payroll and Benefits
Planning and Development – Ian Wells, General Manager
- Divisions and Activities: Building Inspection Services, Business Licencing, Bylaw Services, Development Services, Economic Development, Real Estate, Subdivision and Infrastructure, Sustainable Community Development
Tourism Prince George and the Prince George Public Library are also City entities. Both organisations present their budget request to Council annually and their annual financial statements are included in the City’s annual report.