Prince George is a city with many winter activities for everyone to enjoy.
This winter get out and try some of the Sledding Hills in your neighbourhood:
Meadow, First Avenue and Zimmaro
- Harry Loder Park / Rainbow
Park, off Rainbow Drive
- Carney Hill located at the corner of Massey Drive and Carney Street
- College Heights Secondary, located on Domano Boulevard
Check out the Sled Safe map (PDF - 538.6KB) for a location near you!
Sled Safe This Winter
All children should have adult supervision. To report unsafe conditions on
the hill, please call 561-7600.
Check Your Gear
- Is your sled safe and in good condition?
- Avoid loose scarves, draw strings and long ropes
- Wear a helmet
Check the Hill
- Sled on snowy, not icy hills
- Avoid hazards such as rocks, trees and fences
- Don't slide in the dark
- Kneel or sit on your sled; do no slide head first or standing up
- Slide down the middle and walk up the side
- Make sure the route is clear of others
- Keep pets at home
- All children should have adult supervision
- Report any unsafe conditions to 561-7600
- Call 911 in the event of an emergency