Purpose and Mandate
The purpose of the Select Advisory Committee on Economic Development is to advise Council and City Staff on matters regarding the development of an Economic Development Strategy for the City of Prince George. In providing its advice, the Committee shall endeavor to strengthen communication and collaboration between the City of Prince George and its respective economic development partners while informing the establishment of an economic development strategy for the City of Prince George.
More information about the Select Advisory Committee on Economic Development can be found in the Terms of Reference [PDF].
The Committee consists of up to seventeen (17) members:
- Mayor (Chair)
- Up to eleven (11) members from the following community organizations:
- Regional District Fraser-Fort George
- Prince George Chamber of Commerce
- Downtown Business Improvement Association
- Prince George Airport Authority
- Tourism Prince George
- Lheidli T'enneh
- University of Northern British Columbia
- College of New Caledonia
- Community Futures Fraser-Fort George
- Prince George Construction Association
- North Central Labour Council
- Five (5) community members, appointed by Council, who are expected to have knowledge and experience related to at least one of the following sectors: forestry; agriculture; transportation and warehousing; manufacturing; construction; energy; healthcare; education; tourism; retail; and/or professional, scientific and technical services.